Monday, April 28, 2014

From April 7, 2014: Ticonderoga

Let's hear it for those talks Conference talks, eh?  Quite the showing: Elder Holland throwing down, Elder Bednar speaking slowly and kindly so we could all understand, and Elder Oaks giving a talk I'll have to read 20 times to make complete sense of.  Oh, how glorious.  That was a serious weekend.  Am I right or am I right?  I'm right. (These and other inspirational/instructive/uplifting talks can be seen on LDS.org.  Check it out!).

 
So lots of stuff went on this week.  First, service.  A lot of it.  I'm getting some prime weed pulling experience. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for teaching me how to pull weeds.  And for teaching me to love to work.  And I actually worked on a car this week.  Replacing a rear differential.  Yeah, I have no idea what that is either.  Ha!
 
 
We got a few referrals from on high this week.  And I kid you not, they really were referrals from above. The first came as Elder C. was pondering on an apartment complex we often visit, when the number 48 came to his head.  He thought that was strange, so he wrote it down and decided if it was still in his head in a few minutes, he would say something about it.  It was still there.  So we decided to go knock on number 48. Nothing.  No answer.  We were perplexed.  It was one of those days where nothing was going right, and it was night time.  So we decided to go try #48 again.  Picture us, having never really done a door approach--they don't let us tract-- wondering what we would say.  The phrase "Take ye no thought beforehand what ye shall say" came to mind.  So we went and did. And lo and behold, there was a woman there who was having a horrible day and was ready to hear the gospel.  She walked outside and sat down, ready to listen and learn.  And now she is investigating the church.  

 
Talk about a referral from Heaven.  Miracles like that are streaming in.  We had another one like that, with a family who was sent directly to us and who told us that God had sent us to them.  There are so many things like that going on.  
 
 
Thank you all for praying miracles to us.  I pray for you every night and I've learned so much from each of you.  Thank you for all you've taught, instilled, and inspired me with.

 
Love,
Elder Molinaro

No comments:

Post a Comment